• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest - Jimmy needs a shirt.

Are you an artist?

Jimmy Scorpion needs a shirt. I can do all the needed lettering, but I need a good graphic. I see it in my head, but devil be damned if I can get it out onto paper. Let me see if I can get it out on here in words and into your head.

Jimmy Scorpion has had a hard life. He is a cowboy type and a tough rugged take no crap kind of guy. He is a step on my property with no reason and risk learning what lead feels like kind of guy. Now you have just picked up a bottle of his personal sauce.

I am thinking of the label as a window. In my head I am seeing him glaring though this window at the bastard that has picked up his sauce. I don't see his whole body just his head, well part of it.

Figure what you would see if you had a 6 inch by 6 inch window and Jimmy was glaring in at you.

That is all I am looking for, then I can take care of getting the wording on it and everything else.

I am sure you are wondering why would you want to sit with your artistic ability and create this and get it on your computer, or create it on your computer. Well, the winner will get their image posted here for all to see what showed my thoughts through someone else's hand the best.

Also the winner will receive 1 of each of my 10 sauces. You will receive 2 Jimmy Scorpions with his new shirt on, 1 signed. So you will end up with 11 sauces.

I have, for the last week, been and will be putting this contest out on other forums, artistic venues and locally.

Once you have something worked up you can email it to me Brian@KneppersPeppers.com feel free to watermark it for review.

Good Luck, Hope to see Jimmy soon,

Brian
Knepper's Peppers Hot Sauce

Children are our future and could be the future of your collection. Lol

Interesting things come from young minds that have not yet been told " no you can't do that like that"

At the chili cook off yesterday, these two girls had a rocking graphic and poster! Sometimes an idea will just come to you or find an artist and allow them to use their artistic freedom with a simple direction from you.

The point of the contest is to see if someone can see what I see and get it out of the mind onto print. I did exactly as you said in the past Joyners, but this time I would really like to get this one out. Either way I will be eventually incorporating it into labels that will mesh across the whole line while keeping the graphics. Still thanks for the input.

I was asked the other day if I have a time limit on this....Nope....It will go until I find the one that shows the idea the way I see it. I'm not to picky feel free to show me your ideas.

Once you have something worked up you can email it to me
Brian@KneppersPeppers.com
Feel free to watermark it for review.

I have received several entries from here , locally and other forums.
A winner has been found. I am working on the final lettering and text now. Will post when the final is done.

Congratulations to Desirée Dora(artistdesi@gmail.com). She is not a forum member here, but is a great artist that looks as a guest.

After receiving her entry I realized she could see Jimmy as I do.
jimmyscorpianDD.jpg

After some back and forth emails it really came together into what I was seeing.
JimmyScorpionCrisp.jpg

The cigar was her idea and I love the added thought there.

Oh that's AWESOME!!!!! It has that "Come on, I dare ya Punk" look to it!!!!

Which also describes the sauce. I'm so addicted to it right now! Had some on my chorizo brekky this morning!!!! :D

Here is the final label and I love it. Kudos to Desirée for the Graphic and some input on my original typography choices. She is great to work with.

JimmyScorpionFinal.jpg

ooooOOOOO! Great label coming together!
Are you open to more suggestions? just a couple, but don't want to muddle the water too much. Great theme going on and it's just a couple tweeks if there's still time.

i sketched something like this out for ya a while back when you mentioned it in chat, never got it to ya cause you took off before i could show ya, it looked similar to what your artist produced, but I switched out the cigar for a chili pepper!

Back